Monday, January 17, 2011

Singapore Community

Singapore Community


After my trip to the Peranakan Museum, I realised that one thing that makes Singapore Singapore, is the the multi-racial aspect to it, and the fact that we can interact with other cultures easily. It forms tight bonds and is a big part of being Singaporean.


I drew this hawker centre near my place because I find I can feel that "community vibe" around me whenever I go down here. Being surrounded completely by HDB blocks, most of the people here know each other, and the place is bustling with chatting neighbours and friendly smiles, and it's fascinating to see so many different races mingling with each other and being friends despite differences in beliefs and cultures.


I feel though, that the multi-racial relationships is sometimes taken for granted, and if we're not careful, may disappear eventually. We should treasure our friendships and be open to different views and cultures, because this is huge part of what Singapore is all about.


Brian Ngan
093915P
DA0901

No comments:

Post a Comment