Monday, January 17, 2011

First Train Ride



Tanjong Pagar has a personal story to me as a kid. I had a strong interest in trains at that time, and I had never taken a long train ride in my life before, so I asked my mother to take a train if we ever go to Kualar Lumpur. And when I was 10 years old, my wish was granted. I remember this very view while we were having breakfast waiting to board the train.

Unfortunately, this was the only time I came to this station because my 2 other train trips were return trips from Kuala Lumpur that ended at Woodlands Checkpoint. This station's architechture is unique to Singapore because it is relatively old compared to its surroundings, which are modern city buildings.

Today, this station is now 79 years old. What's sad to me is that this station will cease operations in July 2011, so old school railway trains chuffing through Singapore will be a thing of the past, as the trains will now terminate at Woodlands Checkpoint. You will be missed.

093588k
Javin Ye Jian Hui
DA0904

No comments:

Post a Comment