Sunday, January 16, 2011

Lesser and Smaller

Playgrounds are one thing that I think we may see lesser of in future and also maybe it might get smaller in size. Before I moved, there was a really huge playground just opposite my house in the park. The playground is as old as I am and possibly even older. I grew up with it and I have very fond memories over there. Though I do not visit it as often, I enjoy just looking at it when I look out my window.

Quite a few years back, they had cut down several trees in the park to build SAFRA there, just beside the playground. But even though the playground was not affected by this, I fear that it might get torn down in the future to make way for more buildings and such like how many other playgrounds have fell victim to these as modernisation takes over.

As a result of modernisation, many playgrounds are now built indoors in air-conditioned places such as shopping malls. I feel that more children are now playing in indoor playgrounds rather than outdoor because parents may find it easier and more convenient as they can do their shopping at the same time while their kids play.

I do feel that such huge playgrounds may not exist anymore in the future because of this or they may just reduce the size of the playgrounds. One such example is the area near my current house. It has one tiny playground that is actually just a single slide and every time I walk past it, I do not see many children playing it at all because it really is just too small and boring.

This is why I think playgrounds are also disappearing.

Clarissa Tay
091747Q
DA0903

No comments:

Post a Comment