Monday, January 17, 2011

Old Tampines Market


Old Tampines Market Place


When I was young I used to come here during chinese new year eves. This place was especially busy during those days. Where they sell lots of chinese new year goodies and day to day groceries. And the people who patronise this place is usually the older people. I used to come here very early in the morning to buy fish, prawns etc with my parents during chinese new year and they close very late at night. But during normal occasions this place is very quiet except early in the morning where all the old people gather to buy groceries. I feel that this place is going to be renovated and it will not look the same anymore as it is today.This place gave me wonderful memories during chinese new years and it brings me back to my childhood when i see people bargaining for orange, fishes, prawns, crabs, tofus and many many more. And also there are aquarium shops in the area where i used to go when I was young. There are also beautiful chinese new year decorations such as lanterns, red packets, fire crackers, chinese new year prosperity posters and many more. Now that i seldom go there during chinese new year or any other days I feel that I should draw this just in the case that it might dissappear one day.


Tan Guo Xin
DA0901
095060k

No comments:

Post a Comment